Quote:
jeffbco said:
Quote:
RC said:
Quote:
Turbo Al said:
Well, for starters, all the naysayers who declared that the 997TT couldn't be tuned effectively-who also are now declaring that the 997GT2 won't be either.

Well, apparently there are still some issues with 997 Turbo tuning, like the Tiptronic Vmax for example.
We are around 14 months after the official 997 Turbo introduction and it seems that only slowly "effective" AND "reliable" tuning kits are available for the 997 Turbo. Early adopters may have been lucky but I already know several cases of destroyed engines (turbo chargers, pistons, etc.), blown exhaust systems and even one case of a car taking fire (apparently the tuner forgot to mount the heat shielding properly). I won't even mention a destroyed Tiptronic, several clutches, two manual gearboxes and a "broken" AWD (don't have details, this is what the owner told me).

What happened? "More to come this weekend, I need to go to bed, my eyes already hurt."

Considering that the time was 1:30 AM where he was and that he spends much of his day working in front of a computer screen, I'd say it's pretty self-explanatory .