Lars997:

Ive seen the car in real flesh in Miami some weeks ago and it didnt blow me away at all. For that money I would  buy some other cars and I mean cars - you get at least a nice GT3 and on top an M3 BMW - double fun, same money, and both are looking IMO better

Price is the biggest problem of the McLaren IMO (next to its looks). For the same money you can either get a car that is much better looking (458 Italia) or a car that is as quick as the Mac (Porsche Turbo) for less money.

I think McLaren's price policy is very ambitous for a car that looks like the MP4-12C. Yes, it will be damn quick and yes is will be the first production car with a CF-tube this side of a Carrera GT. But on top of the (rather high IMO) base price of 200k you have to add many important and very expensive options, like some CF-gadgets, light weight rims, CCM if you want, Meridian sound system plus navi, full leather interior (!) etc. If you add all these together that will result in a final price between 230k and 240k, which is too much, even for a car with power and the CF-tube-benefit of the MP4-12C. Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.