Howdy,

This is my first post, was part of FerrariChat, well still am, but decided against a 328 and bought a 2000 Boxster S. Been a Porsche/VW guy, so I guess its more close to home.

Anyway, I have some questions about modding a 986S, specifically the exhaust.

I know there are several companies that make after-market exhaust for the S, the 2 I'm specifically looking at are B&B and Fabspeed.

Any suggestions? Any experience with either?

I'm not concerned with resonance, as this is a weekend (non-track) car. I'd like to bump up the power a bit without supercharging or doing a RUF conversion.

The Fabspeed exhaust on the 996TT yields one of the highest results, but the B&B exhaust has a better sound according to some.

How about the cat bypass/racing cats on the Fabspeed setup? I read the other post about being 2ndary cats (pre-cats) but gaining 34 HP as claimed is a huge jump (almost 15% more power). Is it worth the risk?

I'm specifically looking for anyone who has done this and what the results have been. I'm in Colorado USA, with pretty strict emissions, but a real lack of power due to altitude.

Any input is appreciated, even if you point me off-list (trying Pete's board as well, looking for rennlist too).

Thanks, James in Denver