We have already seen pics of sfo´s stunning white-on-red 981 S, here are some pics of my white-on-black!

I traded in my 987 S and I can only say that Porsche has done a great job on the 981!

Build quality and styling is a huge leap forward! Everything looks more solid and "stylish" than the 987, especially the interior. The Boxster has grown up, now it has an appearance that matches the price tag!

Ride quality is improved, the car is more comfortable. That doesn't mean it's softer (it's not!), but it rides much smoother over bumps and cracks.

It's very quiet with the top up! Less road noise. The 987 can be a bit tiresome on long highway trips, the 981 appears to be a more comfortable highway cruiser.

PDK works flawlessly. I have only driven a Panamera with PDK before, but the 981 shifts faster and smoother. I think that it's a bit too eager to jump to 7th gear in auto mode, though... 

The coasting function is really nice on the highway. Release the throttle gently and it will decouple the transmission and just roll with the engine idling. This works very smoothly and I found myself using it quite a few times without even having to think about it. When you really need the engine to brake for you, release the throttle quickly and it works as on every other car. You can always interrupt the coasting by pulling one of the PDK paddles and the clutch engages again. It all works very smoothly, the car anticipates what you want to do in an almost spooky manner.

Exhaust note (standard exhaust) is surprisingly different from the 987. The 981 is more "raspy" and aggressive. The PDK downshifts results in some very nice throttle blips that make nearbye pedestrians jump! 

The Bose system is greatly improved! I wasn't that impressed with it on the 987 and I hesitated a bit when ticking that box for the 981. Now I'm glad I did, it sounds really nice!