Going by this weeks spy pictures of the basically finished production 992 Turbo (launches in the next few months) it appears we will finallt be treated to some new Calipers and roptors for the 992 GT3 (assumes as prior generations the brake set is also carried to the GT3). 

What we are seeing here is a similar outside diameter front PCCB rotor but with a smakker inside "hat" to give a thicker rotor annular. The caliper is wider to allow the pistons to square off equadistant across a larger pad (the current PCCB Calipers on my 991.2 GT3 have the pad poking out and extending beyond the caliper body). It also appears from enlarging a number of last weeks spy pictures that the caliper is much more open around the back (ventilation and if they are kind, a pin and backing plate bridge system to allow easier pad swaps). 

It would appear from comparing the pictures to my own set up that the rotor and pad swept area have now increased by 10-15% up front (a useful advantage to heat dissipation). It would be really great if they have retained the stiffness of the fixed bridge system while making the caliper lighter and the pistons larger.

This is great news as the current Brembo GTurbo/GT3 package has been in use since 2012 and suffers from a number of design maladys which make pad changes a PITA and also lead to pad taper and other issue son heavily tracked cars.

One would hope the new brake system will be carried over to the steel rotor set up. Ive seen some Turbo proptype spy pictures online with the steel rotors that suggest we are looking at a new floating design with a alloy rather than cast bell which is long over due IMO (especuially for the 600 Euro a piece PAG charge for replacement discs for the GT3!).

I guess we will know for certain when the Turbo breaks cover shortly....

porsche-911-turbo-992-generation-spy-shots (1).jpg1567419332550607658.jpg1567419348792607657.jpg

porsche-911-turbo-992-generation-spy-shots.jpg

--

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2017 991.2 GT3 Manual, 2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia QV, 2017 Macan S (Petrol)