AJ:

Hi Nick

On my last trip to Germany, i spoke with one my suppliers, who has a 4 year old Audi etron SUV, he said that after this time the battery only has a charge for about 280 km. You had one these, did you find the same battery degradation? Not sure what the mileage was on the car, but it is used everyday so I would assume 15/20k km per year. He likes it, and has the Q4 etron has it's replacement on order.

Thanks

AJ

Hmm, honestly, I didn't see any meaningful degradation over the 3 year lease I had on my e-Tron. Was close to 20k km on the clock. When brand new, the car show a 330 ish km range, and that's pretty accurate as I did multiple 310km round trip to my other place. At the end of my lease, think it was around the same estimated range and also made the same trip with some charges left. 

And yes, I drove it like any other normal car, I didn't 'baby' the battery. I charge it to full, then drive it to empty and then charge it again. I didn't do that stupid charge to 80% and plug it in every night thing those Tesla owners loves to do because that's how their battery works. 

--