CGX car nut:
RC:
CGX car nut:
RC:

Oh...power of the Macan Turbo (without the temporary boost to 639 hp) is actually 584 hp.

Just like the four cylinder Mercedes-Benz AMG C63 is better than the previous V8 equipped model.  

Better? Smiley 

Sarcasm evidently doesn’t travel well across the Pond.  The C63 is an absolute disaster and that will be a problem with the Macan EV too since the ICE variant is still on sale here for a while.  Most getting a Macan are looking for value with a Porsche badge. 

Do I really need to explain the purpose of using emojis? Smiley Smiley

Sarcasm works when you speak but not when you write, unless you are a good writer and know how to express sarcasm with words or...if you use emojis. Smiley

The C63 is not a disaster, it is actually a good product (I drove one) but it is no proper replacement for the previous V8 generation and it is wayyyyyy too expensive for what it offers. You can get discounted(!) cars from the Mercedes website directly here in Germany, last discount was 16% as far as I remember. Whoever needs a nice and powerful hybrid, the C63 is a good product but not what people would expect from a typical C63. It could be a disaster for Mercedes Benz from a financial point of view but I think that Mercedes and others don't care because from around 2030-2035 on, most car manufacturers won't produce any ICE cars anymore anyway.

I do not think that the ICE Macan will do much harm to the Macan EV. The Macan Turbo EV wipes the floor with the Macan ICE top model GTS. Price-wise, the cars are not far away from each other and even the Macan GTS isn't a really "emotional" car people would enjoy. I had a Macan Turbo (first gen) and I liked the car a lot but in the end, it got boring with that lackluster 6-Zyl engine.

I find the Macan Turbo EV quite appealing, there is nothing comparable on the market yet in my opinion BUT yes, I wouldn't buy one, probably only lease it if there is a good offer since I do not trust EV technology right now. It is only a matter of time when there is going to be a battery/charging breakthrough and then most of the "old" EVs will be worthless in my opinion. The technology is too new to "own" it, it is not a risk I am willing to take.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), BMW Z4 M40i (2022), Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk (2019 EU)