Gidday Watt. Hope you are mending well. Say hi to Wendy from us.

Yes. I see right now for many things including wheels and tyres there is price parity for the first time in history between our market, the USA, Europe and UK. Of course this will be short lived and likely a function of FX timing and the ADMs still being charged in your markets for cars etc.

The 992 is only an incremental step up from the 991.2. I find my PB times have dropped by a few tenth but I am no able to hit prior PBs in the 991 gen cars with far more consistency and driving less "on the edge". The primary advantage on the track is the new front end. It means understeer is not an issue even when the front tyres and 2-3 days old. On the road this is less obvious. 

I dont mind the new tech in the dash, its handy having FAL working with google maps favourite locations and the ability to change the volume of the speakers by the steering wheel. There are a few other benefits too.

The biggest benefit of course is that its another go on the GT3 train. New car now nearing 2 years old with warranty having completed 17 track days and 15,000km including 2 x South Island Tours. By three years it will be 25+ track days and 30k km and ten rinse and repeat, all with fairly manageable depreciation, low hassle ownership and maintenance and factory backup even when the car is used for its intended purpose.

The GT3 is a tool car and fit for purpose. Even with the rising prices it remains one of the few cars you can do this with and maintain factory warranty.

What do I miss form 991 gen cars? The folding bucket seats for sure. I think the feel of quality in the cabins was better but I was also getting a bit bored with the genericness as I had 4x 911/Cayman over 8-9 years that all looked identical inside. 

If the GT3 wasnt simply a car for the track I would have kept the 991.2 and felt I was misisng nothing much. It really is just small steps in terms of performance and handling benefits between generations for this model. 

--

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2022 Toyota GR Yaris, 2021 992 GT3, 2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia QV, 2009 Lotus Elise SC