Interesting review....and an enjoyable watch.

It kinda opens the door for the 992 GT3 as the best of all 3 when you think about the reasoning behind the conclusion doesnt it?

Using the same "Top Trump" metrics the GT3 would score on every measure the same as the GT3RS.

However its a much more useable road car than the RS especially for long distance jaunts to the track or away for Porsche events like the recent 1000km weekend away we just did with the club (see attached). Yes my friends Singer looks the ducks nuts but hey thats another $1M more!

Its a shame they didnt qualify the exterior sound as well as the interior sound. I used to love when folks came up to me at the track after a session to tell me how crazy my 991.1 GT3 sounded under downshifts with the Dundon headers and exhaust....sounded pretty damn good inside too.

I just wonder if the GT4RS interior sound wouldnt get too much over time. Ive been in a few now and Im still unsure it will work for my 12+ track days a year from one end of NZ to the other (typically around 8000km a year getting to and from the tracks - even though my local is only 6km away!). 

Im very much getting cold feet about chucking in my 992 GT3 for my GT4RS when it next year. Its not too late to back out. I cant afford to own both. Im not a collector. 

The thing that worries me most is actually the on limit handling more than the potentially tiring noise. The noise would stop my wife going on the occasional social trip away with me which would be a shame but we do have other cars we could take.

But my experience from owning and heavily tracking a 981 GT4 suggests the on limit handling will spoil my "late middle age" mantra of running fast while taking less risks at the track LOL. 

Reviews like this make it difficult - but then I agree with regards to the GT3RS. I was offered an allocation but it simply doesnt work with my track day lifestyle. It also looks a bit OTT for my tastes.

First world problems, but maybe not first world enough (or else Id be owning both!). At this stage Im still feeling it for the 911.

When I put a friends GT4RS next to mine in the garage I couldnt help feel the GT3 just looks so muscular and sculptured...

Sorry for the waffle!

DSC04738.JPG

--

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2022 Toyota GR Yaris, 2021 992 GT3, 2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia QV, 2009 Lotus Elise SC